When I blogged about the The Bitchy Over Tired Baby a few weeks ago I was losing my mind. Sleep is something Little Brother did not do in his bed. He fell asleep at random times and normally in his chair in the living room. Rarely in his crib.
That all changed when Pam Nease reached out to me. Pam is a licensed Sleep Sense™ Consultant. She is based in British Columbia but works with clients throughout North America.
What can Pam do for you?
The process is actually pretty straight forward and goes as follows;
1. A preliminary evaluation. This is a comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that you’ll fill out prior to the meeting.
2. A private, 90 minute consultation in your home or via skype for those not local. You will discuss strategies, troubleshoot possible problems, and learn how to address bedtime, naptime, nightwakings, or any other specific issues you might be dealing with.
3. A detailed, fully customized sleep plan that Pam will prepare for you after the conclusion of our meeting.
4. Four follow-up telephone calls during the first week following the consultation. These follow-up calls typically last about 30 minutes, and you will use this time to deal with any setbacks you might be having or answer any general questions.
5. One week of unlimited e-mail support. After your four follow-up telephone calls have been used, you still have an additional week of unlimited e-mail support.
This sounded like heaven to us. I replied immediately accepting her help.
I am not going to lie, I was sceptical. We have attempted CIO but I always caved saying he is too young to cry. After speaking with her I found out it is not about CIO, it is about being there for your child while they learn to fall asleep. I was happy to find out that we could be in the room offering comfort and support every step of the way.
We are now at the end of our journey with Pam and I am ready to share with you OUR story on how with Pam’s help we got Little Brother sleeping and got Tobei and I some us time once again.
Tune in tomorrow where I will share with you our journey and overall review of the program. Then tune in again on Friday when I will be offering YOU a chance to win your very own full service consultation with Pam Nease.
Disclaimer: Pam provided me with her services free of charge in exchange for an unbiased review. As always all opinions are my own.