The day has arrived that every Gilmore Girls fan has been waiting for. Netflix has released the long awaited for Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life.
I had a seriously crappy sleep on Thursday night so I didn’t get to sit down and binge watch Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life until around 4pm on the day it released. I had many interruptions due to Little brother coming down with the flu but I did manage to finish all 4 episodes before midnight.
These will be and all over the place and not necessarily in order that they happened.
Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life ~ My Thoughts
- I was sad to see Rory stuck in a rut and not established in her life. I expected so much more from her. I hope her 30s turn out much better for her.
- I shed some tears for Emily learning to go on in life without Richard. I was very happy though to see her start to find herself and figure out how to go on. I loved her yelling bullshit at the DAR meeting. Finally a not fake Emily.
- I was really hoping Logan and Rory would end up together. The morning after the Life and Death Brigade outing would have been perfect. I was waiting for Logan to use that chance to ask Rory one last time to marry him but nope 🙁
- Luke and Lorelai ….. FINALLY
- What was even the point of Paul? could have lived without that story line.
- Too much crammed into 4 short episodes.
- Stars Hollow musical…. WTF!
Last but not least the final 4 words…. So I read in an article that Alexis Bledel at first was caught off guard with them but finally realized how it brought Gilmore Girls full circle. I get that. I really do, but so many unanswered questions.
- Who is the father? It has to be Logan. Just has to be.
- Does she tell him?
- Do they finally end up together?
- Where does Rory end up? Does she raise the baby in her childhood bedroom?
- What does Jess say? We all know he still has feelings for her.
I appreciate that we got these 4 episodes for Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life but I feel let down. Our only closure was knowing Luke and Lorelai did end up together but we could put 2 and 2 together from the series finale.
I feel like we get left with more questions than anything from Gilmore Girls A Year In The Life and am disappointed.
How did you feel about Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life? How about the much talked about final 4 words?