A few months ago Natalie from Mommy of a Monster & Infant Twins told me about a meme called You Know You’re a Mom When-sDaze. I never did participate in it but I always looked forward to her post every week. Starting today she is now the new host of this weekly meme so I thought I would give it a shot and try it out.
You Know You’re a Mom When…..
- You have food stained hand prints on your beige couch and all you can do is shake your head and look forward to buying a new couch in about 15 years.
- Your 3 year old is wearing mismatched clothing and you can’t help but smile since he did dress himself with no help.
- You admit defeat and put all snacks in the upper cabinets so that your 3 year old will stop helping himself to them while you are still sleeping at 4 in the morning.
- You have Playhouse Disney tunes stuck in your head and are scared to go to sleep as you may dream about Handy Manny.
- You will stay up late just to have some alone time knowing that in the morning you will regret your decision and want more sleep.
- You don’t care that your living room is destroyed as long as you can find a place to plant your butt on the couch and relax.
So this was my first attempt. I hope you enjoyed it. Natalie does a way better job than I do but I am sure the posts will get better as Little Man continues to push every button I have including those I didn’t know existed.
One last one… this video is so moving. I smiled, nodded in agreement and had a few tears because I am such a sap. Fits in perfect with this post as well. Please take a few moments to watch it.
To read more about the video visit Alison’s blog post on it appropriately titled Reflections of Motherhood.