Let’s get back on track with this coverage of our family honeymoon to Walt Disney World. Our favourite park hands down was the Magic Kingdom. Thankfully we stayed in the Magic Kingdom resort area because we ended up spending 4 days at the Magic Kingdom. We can totally say we saw everything and then some. So today I am sharing some of our visit to the best Walt Disney World park ever… The Magic Kingdom!
On the second day of our trip, we hopped on the ferry from our resort and headed over to the Magic Kingdom. We were so excited to go and I was ready with fast passes in hand for some of the top attractions and reservations for some awesome restaurants. It also happened to be a very special day as it was Little Brother’s birthday.
We did not do rope drop as we had plans to stay that night for Mickey’s Halloween party. I was in awe as we arrived at the Magic Kingdom. I mean how can you not be. Our first fast pass was for Space Mountain so we headed on over to Tomorrowland to make our window. First on was Tobei and Big Brother. They came off the ride and Big Brother was so excited to go on again. He loved the ride. So we utilized our rider switch* ticket and I headed on with Big Brother. OMG, I hated the ride. Thought I was going to be sick. We got off and Big Brother wanted to go AGAIN. Mom and Dad both passed, but we did have one more fast pass. So we let Big Brother go on again by himself and we met him at the exit of the ride.
*Rider Switch: Rider switch is when one of the riders is too small to go on the ride. The adult staying behind gets a special ticket so that when their group gets off the ride they can use the Fastpass line to enter the ride with up to 3 members of their group while the adult who did ride now stay behind with the younger guest.
Our next fast pass was for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh which was right around the corner from Space Mountain. As we headed to the ride we ended up bumping into Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. I have been in love with Tigger since I was 15 and Little Brother was all about Winnie the Pooh. The wait was only 20 minutes so of course we waited. We had to keep a good hold on Little Brother as he was so excited.
When it was finally our turn he ran to Winnie the Pooh and would not let go. We had to tell him it was Winnie the Poohs naptime so that he would let go. Our visit with them was about 10 minutes and they were so great and so were their handlers. I did manage to get my hat signed by both of them. It is my only autograph and trust me I am not sad about it.
Next up was a dinner reservation at The Plaza Resturant. I was not overly impressed with this place. It was a casual sit down restaurant however we found it to be lacking the Disney magic. On top of that it did not have a bathroom on site which means you have to leave the restaurant to go to the washroom. This was not ideal when travelling with a toddler who is still in diapers.
On our second day at the Magic Kingdom we had a fast pass to meet Anna and Elsa. The wait to see these 2 never went below 2 hours so I made sure to fast pass it. I am so glad we did. We got to walk right in to meet them. While we were visiting to try to make the wait shorter Disney had separated the visits so you would see Anna then see Elsa. We were the last family in the room before a new group came in and the brothers would not pose with just Anna as they kept trying to run to Elsa as well so Elsa decided to get in the picture as well for one big group photo. Again Disney magic and attention to it’s guests.
Our second day of our visit also saw me wanting to witness the “Good Night Kiss”. We got really lucky when our kids energy seemed to last as well so as the crowds emptied the park we found ourselves a bench in front of the castle and waited. I am so glad we got to witness it. Yet another special Disney moment. Lucky for us we also managed to catch the very last boat back to our resort.
I know I have been all over with this post, but we spent so many days there. So I am going to end this post with a list of some of my must sees and totally can skip of Magic Kingdom.
Magic Kingdom Must Do
- Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet
- Crystal Palace – If you have a Winnie the Pooh fan in your house this is the best sit down reservation so meet all the characters.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – This was my favourite Magic Kingdom ride.
- Wishes Nighttime Spectacular – Highly suggest FastPass if you can. Is a nice quiet area for fast pass holders where you can relax and watch the fireworks after a very busy day.
- Catch a parade. But claim a spot early. Perfect time to grab an ice cream cone and rest your feet.
- Splash Mountain – I found the lead up of the ride boring, but the drop was awesome.
- The Barnstormer – The perfect first roller coaster ride for your little one.
Magic Kingdom Skip It
- Swiss Family Treehouse – found this kind of lame and not for those with mobility issues.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – The waits are crazy so if you can want to ride it FastPass it. We rode with a FastPass and were all disappointed with the ride. Would not do the wait for it. However, it could be because of all the hype and long waits we thought it was going to be epic.
- Dole Whip – OMG NO WAY NOLIE! Yes everyone raves about the Dole Whip but it is only available at one spot and crazy line ups. I got better places I can spend my money.
- It’s A Small World – Seriously just trust me here. Skip it! I remembered going on it as a kid and told Tobei we were skipping it. He insisted we ride it so we did and after that he said to me “I should have listened to you”. Even the kids found it extremely boring.
Tobei and I in our Halloween costume sneaking in a honeymoon kiss.
I could go on and on about the Magic Kingdom but we all know nobody likes crazy long blog posts so I will leave it at this point. I highly recommend the Magic Kingdom and I can’t wait to go back. If I had the funds to go tomorrow I totally would.
What is your favourite Magic Kingdom attraction?