We here at Nolie’s Place have noticed a recent trend in the nature of our posts. They have become quite heavy. Which is to say, their weight is crushing our sense of humour (yes that is spelled correctly, in the Queen’s English. See spelling differences) It is time to make a change!
So without further adieu:
IN-DISCRIMINATORY ARBITRARY CAPRICIOUSNESS!
Step 1: Questions…
We all have questions that eat away at the back of our minds, here are some of mine…
- Is nail biting a modern spin on cannibalism?
- Why do they keep selling spring water in the summer? Shouldn’t it go back to wherever they keep the easter eggs, Christmas decorations and Halloween candy during off-season?
- If 10 years ago the biggest hard drive was 2GB, today’s biggest hard drive is 1.5TB (or 1536GB), how big will our non-volatile storage devices be 10 years from now?
- Why don’t we power entire cities with thunderstorms? (This technology exists!)
- Why aren’t we driving water-powered, ion propelled hover vehicles on virtually paved roads hundreds of kilometers (yea, everyone but you is metric, get with the program) above ground at the speed of light?
- How many f*ckin’ licks does it take, to get to the center of a god damned tootsie pop!? (ARG!)
- If red hulk and green hulk punched each other in the face at the same time, who would land first?
- Why is it that the most bad ass character in the marvel universe is Magneto? (yea, he has the best power like… evar!)
Choice Q: Misconceptions…
Yup, we all have them, here’s some of mine…
- For the longest time I thought bumble bees were clumsy.
- I always thought the United States of America was a proper name and that all the states were united… lol!
- Just because something is slower than you are, doesn’t mean you can catch it. ie: trains.
- The sun always sets in the west. (Really? What about if your standing on magnetic north?)
- The best source for news is… [channel #] news? BZZZZ! Wrong! I’ve learned the best source for news is usually the hour long block starting with The Daily Show with Jon Stuart.
- You hear this all the time: that’s just a stereotype! They are commonly used categorical descriptions for a reason. Because there is a noticeable majority following similar traits. (Doesn’t mean everyone fits it)
Selection Purple: Stuffs… (yup I pluralized that sh*t yo!)
Yarrr, thar be burried treasures here!
- I don’t consider myself a blogger. I prefer the term iAuthor.
- If you need to give a powerpoint presentation, DO NOT: Read from the slide, speak monotonously, add too many flashy things, add too many animations, mumble, cry, do the chicken dance… wait, do that.
- For the last time, obesity is NOT a disease. People don’t “catch” fat. They earn it. Own up, fix it… before it fixes you.
- Name one real life application which mimics the act of a chin up. WTF!?
- Our evolutionary para-dime is being rewritten. “only the strong survive” is being replaced with “everyone should survive”. The weak shall inherit the earth…
Portion Se7en: Artz…
Here is a simple exercise in learned behavior: The following statement is the end.