Halloween is approaching and Disney Junior is helping us celebrate and get ready. I want to take this opportunity to share with you my tips and tricks for a fun and safe Halloween.
Halloween Tips and Tricks – Safety
- If you live in Canada like I do or anywhere else that winter can come in a blink of an eye make sure you buy a costume that can fit over a snowsuit. The last thing we want is kids freezing cold and/or getting sick.
- Buy a costume that has light colours, otherwise get some reflective strips to make sure cars see the kids.
- Make sure there is not a lot of extra fabric to the costume that can end up brushing up against a flame in a pumpkin.
- Flashlights! Need I say more?
- Though masks are fun they can block your site. Make-up is a much better solution. Just make sure it’s hypoallergenic or test it before hand.
- Don’t go zigzagging across streets. Go down one side then cross safely and do the other side.
- Inspect the candy. No one likes to admit it but there are bad people out there who tamper with candy. It is in the news every year. Better safe than sorry.
Halloween Tips and Tricks – Making It Fun
- Get your kids excited for Halloween. Disney Junior has a great line up of Halloween themed shows this month.
- Let your kids help pick out their costumes.
- Forget the local grocery store. Go to a pumpkin patch with the family to pick out your pumpkin.
- Attend local Halloween parties being put on in the community.
- A big one for us is to not force dinner on the big night. Give them something light to eat and expect the excitement to take over.
- Allow 1-2 treats when you get home that evening. Sure it may be near bed time but they worked hard for that candy and are excited to eat it.
Disclosure: I’m part of the Disney Junior Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.