Thanksgiving is quickly approaching. Here are 5 stress free thanksgiving tips to make your Thanksgiving a little more enjoyable.
- Cleaning the house. Getting the house clean does not have to be stressful. Get the family to pitch in to get the house ready for your thanksgiving company. Kids can help load dishes, put away laundry and toys and help with the dusting.
- Cooking the turkey. I am a big fan of cooking the turkey the most easy way possible. I buy the Butterball prestuffed cook from frozen turkey. Come 10am we just take it from the freezer and put it in the oven for it to be ready for a 5pm dinner.
- Have company chip in. This Thanksgiving we are inviting other families over to celebrate. We have made the dinner a pot luck so everyone is bringing something to make the meal complete. Less cooking duties on one person makes it possible to enjoy the holidays that much more.
- After dinner clean up. Have everyone pitch in with cleaning up. Yes even your guests. Kids can help with cleaning up the table and adults can share in dish duty. This way when everyone leaves the house is clean again and you can put your feet up and relax.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Something is usually bound to go wrong. Just roll with it and don’t let it ruin your day. Turkey didn’t turn out? Order some pizza.
Holidays are meant for being with family and friends and enjoying their company. Try your best to enjoy the time and be thankful to be surrounded by loved ones. The holidays are not about the perfect meal or the cleanest house. They are about creating lifetime memories.