I came across this post 35 Things You Absolutely MUST Agree Upon Before Getting Married the other day and thought it would be a neat idea to have Tobei and I both answer them. You know since we are getting married in May. Read on if you would like to see just how ready we are for marriage according to these topics shared in the post I read.
1. Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll?
His Answer: I honestly don’t care, as long as it’s on the roll.
My Answer: Under the roll
2. Cats? Dogs? Both?
His Answer: Yes?
My Answer: Dogs
3. Can you eat breakfast for dinner?
His Answer: Of course.
My Answer: Pancakes anyone?
4. Cold pizza: yes or no?
His Answer: No.
My Answer: NO
5. Is it acceptable to open presents as they arrive or do you have to wait for the actual birthday or holiday?
His Answer: Wait until the actual day of the event. That is what it was meant for.
My Answer: : As they arrive. Patience and surprises are not two of my favourite things.
6. Should the dirty forks and knives go in the dishwasher with the handle sticking out of the utensil tray or down in the utensil tray?
His Answer: Handle out. You don’t want to be grabbing at blades.
My Answer: Handles sticking up.
7. Is it acceptable to leave dishes in the sink to “soak” overnight, or do they need to be cleaned before bed?
His Answer: Doesn’t matter. Soaking more than 10 minutes is just over indulgence anyway.
My Answer: I don’t like dishes in my sink overnight. They belong in the dishwasher which should be ran just before we go to bed.
8. Toothpaste: cap on or cap off?
His Answer: The way it was found.
My Answer: Cap On
9. Again on the toothpaste: roll it from the bottom or just squeeze really hard?
His Answer: Doesn’t matter until it’s getting empty, then you squeeze from the bottom to get more out of it.
My Answer: Squeeze really hard.
10. Are towels a one-time use item or do you use the same towel until laundry day?
His Answer: Same towel.
My Answer: Same towel.
11. How about washcloths?
His Answer: How about washcloths?
My Answer: What’s a washcloth?
12. Road trip or flying?
His Answer: Sure.
My Answer: How long would the road trip be and are kids on this trip with us?
13. What’s the right thread count for sheets?
His Answer: Anything over 5.
My Answer: Ummmmmm
14. What brand of toilet paper?
His Answer: Cottonelle, otherwise textured.
My Answer: Used to be Charmin but now I vote Cottonelle
15. Mayo or Miracle Whip?
His Answer: Doesn’t matter.
My Answer: Miracle Whip
16. Pepsi or Coke?
His Answer: I prefer coke, but I’m not picky.
My Answer: Coke hands down
17. Can you eat the holiday candy out in the display bowl or must it be left there for display?
His Answer: It’s out to be eaten. If I wanted to decorate, it wouldn’t be with edibles.
My Answer: Who the heck puts candy out on display?
18. What is YOUR definition of camping?
His Answer: Tent, sleeping bags, fire pit.
My Answer: Cottage, preferably with cable and internet access.
19. Turn the thermostat down when you go out or leave it alone?
His Answer: Sure, but not too much, we have a pet.
My Answer: Leave it alone, unless we are going away for a few days.
20. At what point is a garbage bag too full to stuff more trash in it?
His Answer: When it can no longer accept incoming garbage without the use of some sort of Jenga-esque techniques.
My Answer: When you can’t push it down anymore and it is at the top of the can.
21. How many times is it acceptable to hit the snooze button?
His Answer: It is never acceptable to hit the snooze button.
My Answer: For him as many times as you want as long as it doesn’t wake me up. He does get up 3 hours before I do. For me, as many times as I can get away with since he is no longer in the bed beside me.
22. Thrift store shopping: great deals or gross?
His Answer: Thrift stores don’t get enough credit. They’re clean when you buy them, and you can always wash them again if you’re uncertain. Being squemish isn’t worth paying an extra 60-80%.
My Answer: Great deals
23. How far in advance is it OK to plan a vacation?
His Answer: One year. (At least for hard planning), loose planning can be as long as you want.
My Answer: Actual detail and booking planning 6-8 months. Getting an idea of the vacation and what you want to do, where you want to go a year.
24. Restaurant reservations: necessary or too restrictive?
His Answer: Depends on the venue / occasion. More often than not, it’s unnecessary. Fancy place, fancy occasion, definitely a necessity.
My Answer: Restrictive unless it is date night and I am going to drop $100 per plate.
25. Roller coasters: love ’em or hate ’em?
His Answer: Love em.
My Answer: Love em but I will close my eyes the whole time and freak out.
26. More chocolate chips, less cookie or more cookie, less chips?
His Answer: Half & Half.
My Answer: Half & Half
27. How much orange juice must be left in the container for it to be returned to the fridge?
His Answer: Enough for a half glass.
My Answer: Enough for half a glass.
28. Chip clips or just roll the bag up?
His Answer: Doesn’t matter.
My Answer: Don’t care
29. Call the doctor or just take some medicine at home?
His Answer: Medicine at home until that isn’t helping.
My Answer: Depends how sick one is but will try to give it a day or two before going to the doctor.
30. Where is the prime location for the TV remote to stay?
His Answer: Wherever my 2 year old puts it.
My Answer: In my hands.
31. Is it OK to have a TV in the bedroom?
His Answer: I’d prefer not, but I’m not picky.
My Answer: It’s a must. I can not sleep without it.
32. Should folded clothes be put away, or is it OK to just pull as needed from the basket of clean laundry?
His Answer: It’s better if they’re put away, but not a big deal.
My Answer: I love when they are folded and put away but reality is pulling clean clothes from the clean laundry basket or dryer.
33. Do you need to write a grocery list or just wait until you’re walking around the store to figure out what you need?
His Answer: Yes.
My Answer: Write a grocery list, price match it and have the coupons you require handy.
34. Making the bed: must-do or waste of time because you’re just going to get back in it?
His Answer: It saves you a lot of exertion by sorting out the bedding before you get in it. Aside from that it is unnecessary.
My Answer: Waste of time, leave them alone since they are still in my cocoon form waiting for me to crawl back into them.
35. Is it OK to shave/clip toenails in the living room?
His Answer: Doesn’t matter, just clean up when you’re done.
My Answer: Go ahead, just clean them up and put them in the garbage.
So how did we do? Think we can go ahead and get married now?