If we’re being honest it usually does take some effort to keep your home clean. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to come up with ways I can keep my home clean with little effort. This doesn’t make me lazy, it just means I’d rather spend time with my family than with the kitchen sink. Check out my ten tips for helping with this area in life:
- Put things away as you find them. (Although it’s so hard to get up and carry that item across the room).
- Keep the clutter away, so the house is easier to clean.
- Always straighten up the house before heading to bed for the night.
- Assign chores to everyone in the house, even the little ones can help out!
- Wash, dry, and fold one load of laundry at least six days of the week.
- Have the kids eat in designated spots, instead of being allowed to eat and drink all over the house.
- Wipe down household items at least once a day to keep grime build up at bay.
- If you’re making a trip to a certain place in the house, then make sure you take extra items with you. (Example: heading the bathroom? Grab the extra roll of toilet paper that’s needed).
- Unload the dishwasher every night, this helps eliminate an extra chore in the morning.
- Have proper storage available for items like shoes, coats, and backpacks.[Tweet “Check out these 10 tips to keep your home clean with little effort.”]
I speak from experience when I say these ten items really help you clean with little effort. When you are able to keep up with the cleaning around your home, it makes life so much easier.
What are some of the ways you make cleaning your home almost effortless?